Sunday, January 16, 2011

Bright and Early Sunday Morning

Decided to head out early this morning to make sure I got some of the items I was looking for.  Overall, it was a successful day, with about a 90.3% savings on the items I bought.

 Total OOP .92

My first stop today was RiteAid   I really wanted to get in on the free face tissue so I went in at 8:00 this morning to get my stock up.  I was in luck!  They had plenty!  Hooray for me!  And BONUS, I found out not only were you getting the $1 UP back for each one but an additional $3 UP for buying 10.  I had only planned on buying 6 but decided to go for the 10.  When all was said and done, at RA I came out spending .92 and getting 14 UPS to use on my next purchase.  Here is a breakdown of what I got and how I ended up with a low OOP.

(9) Schick Slim razors 1.29 (these were travel size razors that I will donate)
Used (9) $2/1 MC (manufacturer coupons) meaning on each razor I had an overage of .71 to apply to the rest of my purchase.  The razor coupons I had expired today.

(4) 12 pack of Pepsi products reg. price 5.49.  I'm a soda drinker so this was a good opportunity to stock up.  The sale on these was buy 3 for $3.66 each and get a 12 pack of Pepsi Max free (in add coupon)
Used in store coupon for the free Pepsi Max.
Used $1/1 Dr. Pepper (a Pepsi product) VV (Video Value) coupon

(10) RA facial tissues reg. $1.99 sale $1
No coupon necessary

(2) Dixie Ultra Plates 3.99 sale BOGO
used $3/2 VV coupon

(3) Birthday cards .99 each
No Coupon

(2) Bags Dove chocolates regular price $4.99 sale $2.88
Used in add coupon for buy 3 birthday cards get a bag of Valentines day candy free
Used VV coupon $1/2 Dove chocolates
Used MC of $1.50/2

(2) packages of napkins BOGO sale.  I was a little bummed about this b/c there was a sign that said they were $2.50 each so I thought I was going to pay $2.50 for two packages.  When I got to the register they were $3.99 each but b/c of the BOGO I got one free.  I'm not really sure what happened with my sale price....the guy at the register suggested I couldn't get the $2.50 sale price AND the BOGO.  Not really sure though.  I still walked out with low OOP and we needed napkins so I decided to still get them.  It would have been nice to not have to use as many UPS but oh well!  Win some/ lose some.

Used 21 UPS I had from previous purchases.
My balance = .92 OOP
Plus I got 14 UPS back to use towards a future purchase.
Total savings on this purchase was 98.9%

 Total OOP $9.49

Target
Decided to pop into a different Target today without kids in tow.    Saved 81.37%.

(2) 2 pack of stretchy gloves reg $1.50  clearance $1.05  (for some reason I'm addicted to these gloves!  They had a ton so I'm waiting until they go down to 50% and hopefully will stock up for myself and my donation box)

(1) Bounce fabric softener sheets reg.$1.99
used .50/1 MC coupon

(3) Olay beauty bars (soap)
used (3) $2/1 MC coupons (overage allowed to apply to rest of purchase)

(5) Hartz cat treats reg. $1.99 sale $1.49
used (5) $1.50/1 MC (.01 overage applied to rest of purchase)

(3) Hartz dog treats reg $2.99 sale $2.49
(3) $2/1 MC

(1) Bakugan toy for Toys for Tots reg. 10.99   Clearance $2.68
(1) Bakugan toy for Toys for Tots reg $10.99   Clearance $2.74

(2) dollar spot items $1 each

My total OOP was $9.49 and a savings of 81.4% off of original  prices.


Total OOP $11.06
Walgreens
This was a much more complicated stop and admittedly I bought a lot of stuff I didn't need here.  I was kind of shopping for fun just to see how much I could save following an example off of a blog I'd recently seen. I managed to save $94.82 (probably more b/c this was based on sale prices) and  I had to do this in 4 separate transactions:

Transaction #1
(4) Vicks Sinex medications reg $7.49 sale $5.00
used (4) $4/1 MC coupon
OOP $4.00 but earned $10 in RR (register rewards) for buying $20 in Vicks products.

Transaction #2
(1) Joint Juice...unsure of regular price but sale price is $10.
Used (1) $1/1 MC

(1) Carefree panty liners sale $1.19
Used in store coupon making them .99
Used .50/1 MC

(2) Gallon size Wags ziplock storage bags reg $1.89
(1) ziplock sandwich bags reg $1.89
(1) fold and close sandwich bags reg $1.59
Used in store coupon making each box .99

Used $10 RR from previous purchase.
Total OOP 4.35
Earned $10 RR for buying the Joint Juice

Transaction #3
(1) Toms of Maine mouth wash Sale $3.99
(1) Pill Glide sale $5 (you are supposed to spray in your mouth and it makes the pill easier to swallow...sounds silly but figured it was worth having on hand for the kids if they ever need it.  Mine was grape flavor but they also had strawberry)
(1) Thermacare heat wrap sale $2.50 (good to have around for my old lady aches and pains)
Used $1/1 MC

Used $10 RR from Joint Juice previous purchase.
Total OOP .49
Got back $3 RR for buying Toms of Maine, $5 RR for Pill Glide, and $2.50 RR for buying Thermacare.

Transaction #4
Joint Juice sale $10
used $1/1 MC
(3) Schick Shaving gels $3.79
Used in store coupon making each one $1.99
Used (3) $1/1 MC coupons
and because I had more coupons then products(will be using my previous RR and they count as coupons) I had to add on 3 Airhead candy to even out my coupon to product ratio.

Thermacare.
Total OOP $2.22 and got back $10 RR to use on my next purchase....which will hopefully be something like diapers or wipes.

My total OOP for everything you've seen above for all THREE stores was $21.47.  Not too shabby!!  Especially when you consider on top of my saving I earned $24 in either UP rewards or Register Rewards to use on future purchases. 

Last stop was Albertsons.  I won't bore you with the transaction details from there but to pick up everything I needed for my weekly groceries I spent about $50.  This included a stock up on some canned veggies and beans for future weeks.

Albertsons does have a deal worth mentioning right now.  They have a free coupon book in their stores called Savings for a Better You.  Inside that is a $2 off of $10 in Albertson brand products.  So if you are new to couponing and looking to start stocking up on a few items this is a good way to save 20% right off the top.  Right now Albertsons has their canned vegetables on sale for 2/$1, canned beans (pinto, kidney, refried, etc) for .79, and canned chicken broth .59.  I bought 7 cans of beans, 6 cans of corn, and 3 cans of chicken broth to get me to $10 and used my coupon.  You can ask at customer service for the coupon book if you can't find it in the store.  They don't have a ton of other coupons in there but maybe there is something you will use.

Happy Saving!

No comments:

Post a Comment