Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Look what I found!

Okay....so it may not be that exciting but today is Tuesday and that means the new grocery ads arrived today.  In our area the ads come on Tuesday and the sales start on Wednesday for the grocery stores.  I took a few minutes to look through them and see what kinds of deals I saw.  I happened across a few things that could be "stock" up items so I'll share them with you.    The amount you need to "stock up" depends on your family's needs but I suggest at least 6 weeks worth.   By the way....looks like a good week to stock up on boneless-skinless chicken breasts....just saying!

Safeway
Safeway has some good deals this week.  I'll definitely be stopping in to pick up a few things.

Goldfish crackers - .88      Goldfish crackers almost never have a coupon so .88 is a stock up price.  Most people consider $1 to be the stock up price so .88 definitely is a winning amount!  This sale is a 4 day sale only good until Monday the 24th.

Boneless Skinless chicken breasts and thighs are sale for $1.79 a pound.  Rarely you will be able to find them cheaper than this, but anything under $1.99 is considered a stock up price so now is the time to buy a couple extra pounds to store in your freezer.  What I don't know for sure is if you have to buy a certain amount to get this price.  It does say on the add Extreme Value Pack....I'm not exactly sure what that mean but probably it means you can't buy less then 3-5 pounds and it will be prepackaged as such.  

You can also get ground beef at $1.79 a pound (80/20)  or $2.49 (85/15.)  $1.79 is considered a stock up price by most people....or anything under $1.99 for ground beef.

Fresh Express Salads are on sale for .99.  Great price!  You may be able to find additional coupons on www.freshexpress.com.  I know I have printed some out before but when I visit the site now I don't see any.  I'm not sure if it is because I've already printed them or if it is because they are not offering them right now.  It may be worth it to check it out and see if you can find them.  You should be able to print two if they show up for you.


Albertsons

Boneless Skinless chicken - $1.99 lb

Coffee Mate flavored creamer is on sale for $1.99.  If you go to http://www.coffee-mate.com/offers/default.aspx  you can find a .75 off printable coupon.  Maybe not something you will stock up on but none the less, a good price.

Albertsons frozen or steamer veggies are 10/ $10.  But don't forget, if you can get your hands on the Savings for a Better You coupon book they have $2 off  of a $10 Albertsons products purchase making each bag only .80.   A stock up price on these is between .50-.79 a bag so this is on the high end of the stock-up price but if you like frozen veggies then it's a good time to get at least a couple extra.

Goldfish crackers $1

Mission Tortillas $1....I'm not sure if this is a stock up price or not.  I know I'm pretty happy when I can pay $1 for a package of tortillas.  Plus these freeze well so if it feels like a good deal to YOU then stock up on a few.

Progresso Soup (select varieties) is $1.  The database says there are coupons available.  There is a $/4 coupon available on their FB page http://www.facebook.com/Progresso?v=app_153218424717896#!/Progresso?v=app_137776192947510 .  It's a decent price but not quite a stock up price.

QFC

They have a nice little 3 day sale going from Friday through Sunday. 

You can find a carton of large eggs for .99.  

 Yoplait Yogurt is 3/$1.  If you still have coupons from a few weeks ago you will find a coupon in the General Mills supplement from 1/2/11 for $1/10 making them about .23 a cup.  I can't remember how much Costco sells a 24 pack of Yoplait for, but I'm pretty sure this price would be fairly competitive with the Costco price plus you can pick your own flavors....always a plus.

Soft soap is on sale for .88 and there is a coupon from the 1/2/11 inserts for .35/1 making that a stock up price. Those coupons expire on the 22nd so if you find you still have them you will want to use them by then.

Ground beef is $1.99 lb for 80/20

Haggen

Boneless Skinless chicken $1.99 lb
Haggen canned veggies 20/$10  (stock up price is .30-.50 per can)

Hunts pasta sauce .69 can. (stock up price is between .50- $1.29 a can/ jar)
Eggs  .99

Top Foods
I didn't receive an ad for Top this week but usually their sales are very similar if not identical to Haggen.

I hope this helps some of you find a couple dollars in extra savings this week!  I'd love to hear about any successes you have! 

No comments:

Post a Comment