Saturday, January 15, 2011

Target + Albertsons= 73% savings

Took Trenton to karate, had lunch with Dave and on our way home made a couple of stops.  Glad I did because I saved myself an average of 73% today.

First stop was Albertsons.  I really needed milk.  They were having a sale on Kelloggs Right Bites 100 calorie snacks 2/ $5(normal price $3.69).  If you bought 6 of them you got a free gallon of milk.  Here is the best part.....they didn't just mark down the price of the milk you bought....they just take $6.00 off your total!  So even if you didn't end up buying the milk, but just bought 6 of the Right Bites they would deduct the $6.  Well, on top of that I had (3) $1/2 coupons AND Albertsons has doubler coupons today...meaning they doubled those to $2/2.   Bottom line for 6 boxes of snacks (great for lunches) and a gallon of milk for $5.59 OOPTotal savings, 74%.



Next stop was Target.  I had been hearing that they had a bunch of Christmas toys on clearance for 75% off plus I had a few other coupons I wanted to use there.  As I expected most of the clearance had been pretty picked over but I still managed to find some good deals. Here is what I bought:

(2) Soft soap reg. price 1.49 sale $1
-Used $1/2 Target coupon
-Used (2) .35 soft soap m/c (manufacturer coupons)
Total out of pocket .15 each
(2) Reach floss coupons .97
-Used (2) $1/1 Reach floss coupons
Total OOP .06 to apply to the rest of my purchase (this is called an overage and if your coupon is more than the value of the item some stores let you apply the difference to the rest of your purchase)
(2) Kung Zhu Battle toys reg. 9.99 marked down to $2.48 each
(1) Kung Zhu Battle Dome reg 14.99 marked down to $3.24
(1) Kai-Lan stuffed plush doll reg 14.99 marked down to $3.24
(3) items from the dollar section....no discounts :-(


Total before discounts $54.88
Total with discounts and coupons $15.18
72% Savings 



The boys were happy recipients of the Kung Zhu toys (though Trenton wanted me to mention that none of the battle toys came with any armor and the Kai-lan doll will be added to the Toys for Tots donation box.

No comments:

Post a Comment