Friday, January 14, 2011

FREE pasta and planning for Sunday shopping

Was just checking out a few blogs today trying to prepare for the new sales that start at Walgreens and RiteAid on Sunday.  While on one of my favorites (www.iheartriteaid.com) I came across a deal for free pasta.  I won't post a picture since pasta is really pretty boring but here is the deal:

Barilla pasta sale price 4 for $5
When you buy 4 boxes you earn a $1 UP reward (a coupon that acts basically like cash on your next purchase)
PLUS each box of pasta is printing out an additional $1 UP. 
So, it was $5 out of pocket for 4 boxes of pasta but I get $5 in UP to spend on my next purchase.

I will probably go back to RA tomorrow and get 4 more boxes, use those $5 UPS to pay for it and have zero out of pocket...I can continue to repeat this process if I choose.

There is a chance that your RA will be out of pasta since it is towards the end of a sale cycle.  But if you eat a lot of pasta like we do it might be worth stopping in to check it out.

I haven't checked out my Albertsons or other grocery shopping for Sunday morning but I did scope out the upcoming adds for RA and Wags.  Just thought I'd share some of the deals I'm interested in getting when I visit the stores:

RiteAid:

Dixie Plates....there is a BOGO sale on these plus I know I have a VV (video value) coupon I can apply to this purchase.  I don't remember what their normal price is but if I think it will end up being about $1.50 average per package of heavy plates.  We like to have these on hand for large gatherings.

RiteAid Napkins....BOGO sale.  These are normally $2.50 each but also have a $1 UP when you buy 2 packages.  This means it will average .75 per package of napkins.

TP and facial tissue is a great bargain this week.  RA brand TP and tissue is on sale for $1 each but for each one you buy you will generate a $1 UP....pretty much making them free.  I'm not sure I will buy the TP as it is only 1 ply and my family prefers 2 ply, but I will definitely take advantage of the tissues.

There is a coupon in the weekly flyer for a free bag of Valentines day candy (up to $2.50 value) when you buy 3 American Greetings cards.  The .99 cards should apply to this deal.  I love to have extra cards on hand for birthdays and other events.  This is a great way to stock up and get something else out of it.  The great part is that you can still use a manufacturer coupon towards your free candy.

A couple other deals I saw but I don't think are quite "stock-up" items were Goldfish crackers 2/$3 woth a $1 UP when you buy 2 and Motts applesauce (24 oz) 4/$5 with a $1 UP when you buy 4.

Walgreens potential deals:

Edge shaving or Schick Hydro shaving cream is on sale for $1.99 with in store coupon.  There are coupons out there for an additional $1 off of the Schick Hydro cream making this .99 which makes this a good price.

Carefree pantyliners are on sale for .99 with in store coupon.  I found a manufacturers coupon for $1 off any carefree ultra protection product.  I'm not positive the ultra are going to be included in the .99 sale but I think they will be.  If they are, this coupon will make the product free.  If not, in last weeks coupon inserts (12/5) there were coupons for .50 off making them only .49.

ThermaCare trial size neck, shoulder and wrist heat wraps will be $2.50 and then you will get a $2.50 RR (register reward) to use on your next purchase.  There are also $1 off any ThermaCare purchase you can print out making this a money maker for you.  They also have $3 off coupons but I wasn't able to get these to print.

I'll be checking out my grocery store potentials tomorrow and let you know if I come across anything exciting!  Until then, have a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment