Monday, January 24, 2011

Walgreens on Sunday

My big shopping trip this week was to Walgreens.  I won't show you all the details because this shopping trip was a lot more detailed and involved a lot more transactions than I typically like to do at one store.

Here is what I got for that $21.72:

(4) Jumbo packs of Huggies diapers
(2) 2liter bottles of Sunkist Orange Soda
(5) bottles of Crest Pro-Health mouth wash
(4) Rolls Walgreens TP
(3) boxes of Finish Dishwasher Gel Packs
(1) bottle Gold Bond body wash
 (1) Nivea Shaving Gel
(6) bags of Chex Mix snacks
(4) 4 packs of energy Efficient Spiral Max light bulbs
(1) Airhead candy
(1) Milk Duds candy
 (7) Bottles of Maalox and 
(7) boxes of Gas-X

Quite honestly I could have done a little better with my OOP but being the store was low on stock on some items I had to substitute with some other items (hence all the Maalox and Gas-X products.)  I kind of had to re-think my whole shopping trip on the fly and I don't like to have to do that.  I like it when I go in with a plan and it all works out.   I purchased a total of 46 items and my average price I paid per items was .47 (yes, even for a pack of Huggies diapers).....I  guess you could say even though I didn't feel as prepared and I used some coupons in the wrong order (which can make a difference) it still worked out pretty well.


Total OOP: $21.72

This shopping trip is an example of why I like to get more than one insert.  Walgreens had the digestive relief items on sale for 25% off plus if you bought $30 in items you received a $10 RR.  
Since I had coupons for these items and the stress of Dave's job does mean he uses the Maalox from time to time I figured it was a good time to stock up.  There were coupons in a previous insert for $5/1 Maalox item and $4/1 Gas-X item....but I needed 7 of each to make this deal work....and that is why I have someone I buy just the inserts from each week.  I get at least 6 and up to 10 inserts for when deals like this come along.  So here is a breakdown of how just the Maalox deal could look:

Buy (6) Maalox products - Sale price 5.09 each
Total = $30.54
Use (6) $5/1 Maalox coupon = $30 off
Total OOP = .54
Earn $10 in RR to use on your next purchase from buying $30 in Maalox products.

This might not be a stock up item for YOU but it is just an example of one of many deals that come along each week.....and I guarantee some will be stock up items for you! 

I also wanted to mention the lightbulbs....these were a nice  surprise.  I didn't have a coupon for them  but they were on sale for $1.25 a package of 4.  A good deal and definitely something we needed.  Plus I was able to roll my Maalox RR into getting some of them.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment